Followers

Friday 5 December 2014

Penguin Hello Snow Globe



Hi all I'm waving Hello with one of the cute images from Amy Doodle Stamp Co. Called Penguin Hello I decided to go for something completely different and make a snow globe! I had so much fun with this and it wasn't complicated at all. First I coloured the Penguin Hello with Copic markers and then cut them out. I then got out my laminating machine and laminated the image. I then cut the laminated penguins out leaving a border of about a centimetre around them they need to be waterproof. I then went down to my hubby's shed and found an empty pasta sauce jar. I made sure it was completely clean. I then got my hot glue gun out and glued my penguins to the lid of the jar while the glue was still hot I stuck some glitter to it. I then glued some plastic present buttons in to the lid too. I then put the lid aside. I got the jar and put about 3/4 of a teaspoon of glitter into the jar I added a couple of sequins in too. I then added a 75:25 ratio of water and glycerin almost but not quite to the top of the jar. I then put the lid on and gently shook it and then it snowed in the jar. 😊😉😃
To find this awesome image and others heres the link to the Amy Doodle Stamp Co. And the link to the Penguin Hello Stamp.
PS you can buy liquid glycerine from a pharmacy.

http://www.amydoodlestampco.com/

http://cdn6.bigcommerce.com/s-htyywc/products/104/images/335/Penguin_Hello_small_sample__94066.1415490737.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your project. A brilliant idea and great tutorial, I will certainly be having a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I love it!! And I love your blog. Maybe for next year I will make the snow globe, to go with my snow glob shaker card.

    ReplyDelete